Each week our Emerald Recruiters interview a handful of people each week. Our hope is to help and prepare individuals for interviewing. Emerald’s “To-Don’t” this week: Use the wrong body language!
Here are a few No-No’s that we’ve picked up on throughout the years…
- Rub or touch your nose. This suggests that you’re not being completely honest, and it’s gross.
- Sit with your armed folded across your chest. You’ll appear unfriendly and disengaged.
- Cross your legs and idly shake one over the other. It’s distracting and shows how uncomfortable you are.
- Lean your body towards the door. You’ll appear ready to make a mad dash for the door.
- Slouch back in your seat. This will make you appear disinterested and unprepared.
- Stare back blankly. This is a look people naturally adapt when they are trying to distance themselves.