It’s Thursday, the work week is winding down and all you want to do after your long day is indulge in a snack. Since the holidays are right around the corner – Our snacks tend to be a tad bit on the sweet side. Here at Emerald we say dive right into your sweets and don’t look back!
This week Tasty Treat: Cookies n’ Cream Muddy Buddies
- 5 ounces white chocolate chips
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 tsp shortening or butter
- Oreo cookies (8 for crushing and some for putting pieces throughout)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Divide the chex cereal into two bowl. 2 1/2 cups in each.
2. In a food processor crush 8 oreos until fine. You can also crush in a gallon size bag with rolling pin.
3. In two gallon size bags, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar into each bag with 1/2 of the crushed oreos into each bag. Set aside.
4. Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Melt 30 seconds at a time with 1/2 tsp shortening in each stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.
5. Once melted, stir in the chocolate into the separate bowls with Chex cereal until the Chex are coated well with the chocolate.
6. Add the white chocolate and milk chocolate separately to the gallon sized bags with powdered sugar and crushed oreos and shake until they are coated. Then add some extra crushed pieces to the mixture at the end.