Emerald’s treat of the week: Vanilla Bean Popcorn Bites!
- About 5 cups of homemade popcorn or can use pre-popped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 vanilla bean pod, seeds scrapped out (can be optional-but it makes them go “hmmmm!”)
- 3/4 cup mini M & M’s (optional)
- (can also add-in anything you fancy)
- Coat a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pop your popcorn. If using microwave popped popcorn, check to make sure you’ve taken out all the un-popped kernels. You can also use already popped popcorn too. Do the same thing.
- Melt your butter.
- Add your marshmallows to the butter. Stir to coat with the butter. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after about 45 seconds. Next add in your vanilla beans (from the pod). Stir to make sure the marshmallows are fully melted. Add your popcorn and stir carefully to avoid a big mess. Next, gently stir in the mini M & M’s if using. As soon as you can – place this mixture to your baking dish.
- Place a big piece of plastic wrap over the mixture. Press the popcorn mixture into the pan with your hands over the plastic wrap. Press as hard as you can but without crushing everything.
- Let cool completely before slicing.